S.A.S.S France
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !

5 participants
AuteurMessage
BARTH
Bronco Buster
Bronco Buster
BARTH

Masculin Nombre de messages : 574

FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! Empty
MessageSujet: FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !   FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! Icon_minitime06.03.14 13:36

rip  Vous n’êtes pas tous inscrits sur le wire SASS :

Courrier de Misty Moonshine :

______________________Fellow SASS members,  

For over 30 years, SASS has existed to serve its members. Change is a difficult thing to endure, but in truth, the only constant in life is change. Sometimes that change is hard to accept, particularly when you haven't been given the entire story, or the end goal that we are trying to achieve.  

For many years, SASS has operated quite autonomously from its members, and admittedly, there has been a significant amount of information that went unshared. For that reason, our members have been left only with speculation, assumptions, and guesses as to the future (and finances!) of the organization.  

That ends now, and the information in this letter is long overdue.  

Personally, I have always been a "Why" kind of a gal. I want to know the "why's" of life; why certain decisions are made, and why certain changes are necessary along the way. Where are we headed anyway? A while back, I wrote an article titled, "The Evolution of SASS". It encased a vision, a purpose, and the beginning of a pathway that would ensure the viability of SASS and the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting™️ for many generations to come- long after the Wild Bunch are gone.  

The first (and probably the most difficult) of the changes to come down the pipeline is the transition to delivering The Cowboy Chronicle to the majority of our members in a digital format. The simple truth is that The Cowboy Chronicle has struggled for years to sustain itself. It hasn't been able to cover expenses through advertising, the rising costs of printing and postage, contract labor and everything else involved in a monthly publication. Like any other media publication, we have fallen victim to the ever changing global media economy and were forced to make this very difficult decision.  I, too, like the paper copy. I like to hold things in my hands to read them. I don't have a kindle. I still read paper books. I get it. The change to The Cowboy Chronicle's digital delivery method as the primary distribution method to our members, with a limited printing run to offer the option of the continued delivery of a paper copy for an additional fee isn't about greed, it isn't about giving anyone a raise, and it isn't about SASS wanting more of your money to throw around. The annual cost of printing and mailing the Cowboy Chronicle has soared to over $360K. It was a business decision to ensure the viability of SASS well into the future and to ensure unquestionably good stewardship of your membership dollars. Let me again reiterate the fact that membership dollars haven't been earmarked to be spent on publishing The Cowboy Chronicle.

The viability of SASS. We are on the subject of money. Let's do this! In the years I have been around, I have just about heard it all, I think. "Where do my membership dollars go?"  "SASS is a for-profit company.", "Why should I support a for-profit company?", "The members just pay to make the Wild Bunch richer." , "The General must need a new yacht", "Stop hoarding all the money and give it back to your members", "All my dues go into your personal playground in New Mexico".  

No more smoke and mirrors- what follows is the truth.  

All Wild Bunch members (Hipshot, Tex Cat, Judge Roy Bean, Justice Lily Kate, General Grant, and myself-Misty Moonshine) are employees" of SASS.  The General and I are on salary. The Judge, Hipshot, and Tex Cat are all Contract employees. Justice Lily Kate receives no monetary compensation for her work.  Not a single member of the Wild Bunch makes a penny more annually than the average annual salary of a school teacher. Additionally, when the Wild Bunch attend SASS matches anywhere in the world, we pay our own travel expenses - not SASS. Contrary to what some may be inclined to understand, the Wild Bunch are not swimming in SASS dollars, lining their pockets with your membership dues.  

Several members of the Wild Bunch have certainly enjoyed great success in their careers outside of SASS, and as a result live quite comfortably. They enjoy certain comforts as a result of a lifetime of hard work and dedication in their (pre-SASS) chosen fields. Kudos to them. SASS didn't make them rich- their hard work in their careers did!

And now, let's discuss Founders Ranch.  Founders Ranch, LLC is a separate company from SASS, and SASS leases the property for its operations. SASS membership dollars do not fund Founders Ranch, its bills, or its activities. Nor do SASS membership dollars help to defend the current legal situation it is facing. Founders Ranch generates its own revenue through property leasing, The Founders Ranch Shooting Range, The Founders Ranch Shotgun Sports Club, and leasing the property to SASS for its activities.  

The Wild Bunch gathered for a crucially important annual board meeting at the end of January. It was a weeklong session, from sun up to sun down. We examined, imagined, and re-imagined every facet of the organization, the sport, and its future. New ideas were exchanged, methods examined, and procedures evaluated. It became clear that the goals and structure of SASS circa 1987 couldn't survive for long unless some significant changes were made. There were heated discussions, a few arguments, some laughter, and some angst- but in the midst of it all, one thing became abundantly clear, every single person sitting around that table wanted one thing- for SASS to be the best it could be, for the benefit of our members and our sport. The great responsibility and accountability we feel to every single member we have drives us on, and guides our decisions. The decisions weren't easy ones to make, and the question we asked ourselves at every turn was simple; "How will this benefit our members?"  

One of the biggest hurdles SASS faces as a membership organization is that it was originally formed as a for-profit company, and that it is still currently a for-profit company. That will soon change. We are currently exploring our options and lining up the steps to converting SASS into a not-for-profit company. Our mission for the future is to continue to serve the interest of our members to the best of our ability by working to preserve and promote the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting™️, promulgating safety and consistency in Cowboy Action Shooting™️ matches worldwide, and honoring our Western Heritage.  

As the transition of SASS into a not-for-profit company begins to take shape, an advisory board will be recruited, consisting of experienced SASS members from all over the world, each specializing in a department within the organization to ensure its continued success. The future of SASS without the dark cloud of being a "for-profit" company is very, very bright.

I am confident that this evolution of SASS is a positive one - and that SASS will continue to be an organization that we can all be proud to be a part of for many years to come. I believe that we can evolve, not only to survive- but to thrive! We will always honor the time honored traditions, the individuality, and the Cowboy spirit that have been crucial to the success of SASS and the sport of Cowboy Action Shooting™️. We will certainly have a few growing pains along the way, but please be assured that the actions we take are in the best interest of our members and the sport we all love.  

In closing, on behalf of the Wild Bunch, myself, and everyone at SASS Headquarters, I ask for your patience, your support, and your understanding as we move through the changes to come. I promise you - the SASS that will emerge will be worth it.  

In gratitude of your membership,

Misty Moonshine

Chief Executive Officer

misty@sassnet.com

505-843-1320

_______________Confirmation sur le Site :

~ Your Cowboy Chronicle Delivery ~

IMPORTANT INFORMATION!

The Cowboy Chronicle is a membership fulfillment item and is financed through advertising, not membership dues.  The advertising covers the expenses for editors, a layout person, graphics support, advertising manager, and printing and mailing costs.  The Cowboy Chronicle's advertising revenue has dropped precipitously in the last few years, and printing and mailing costs continue to escalate. Newspapers and magazines across the country are shrinking in size, going out of business, OR going all digital.  In a few years, there will likely be very few instances of printed material being distributed on a subscription basis.  It's time for The Cowboy Chronicle to go digital.

Today The Cowboy Chronicle is distributed two ways-print media and digital.  Internationally, those who receive the print version must pay a premium for a copy ... the standard is already digital for those folks.  It's time to make the transition here in the United States.  The key to receiving the digital Cowboy Chronicle is your e-mail address.  By far most of our members have joined the 21st Century and have computers (although some don't).  However, there are still many members who have not provided their e-mail address for the SASS database.  It's time.  Please do so as quickly as possible ... the April issue will be digital.  Just get in touch with us at SASS Headquarters to update your information!

Still want the PRINTED VERSION?  

SASS has investigated the cost of a small print run for The Cowboy Chronicle.  The quotes indicate the cost for receiving a printed copy is on the order of $25 per year.  Those who want to continue receiving the printed version are expected to cover the printing and mailing cost.  The smallest print run we can make is 5000 copies.  If there are less than 5000 requests for printed copies, we have to publish a digital version only.  If you want a printed copy, please contact Headquarters and let us know ...we will prorate the $25 fee.

FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! 652173  Je suis comme vous : Je n'ai pas tout compris, sinon que ce N° de MARS sera le dernier !
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://tir.tolyon.free.fr
Ranger Wallace
Bronco Buster
Bronco Buster
Ranger Wallace

Masculin Nombre de messages : 868

MessageSujet: Re: FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !   FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! Icon_minitime06.03.14 18:54

Salut Barth

Idem pour moi je n'ai pas tout compris, mais il semble que se soit la fin de la version papier du CC, ce qui ne me dérange pas  Rolling Eyes 
Mais j'ai cru comprendre aussi que nos amis US, on certaine crainte quant à la pérennité même de la SASS telle quelle est aujourd'hui, et que la "Wild Bunch" est très controversée là bas. confused 

En gros j'ai compris que les membres de la SASS, craignent que la "Wild Bunch" ne supplante  le CAS ?????
mais encore  une fois !! je ne maîtrise pas parfaitement la langue ??

Vos avis sont bien venus.....amis Cowboys...
Amitiés
RW
Frenchie Boy
BIG BOSS
BIG BOSS
Frenchie Boy

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3192

MessageSujet: Re: FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !   FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! Icon_minitime06.03.14 20:00

Pas vraiment le temps de faire une traduction, ... Mais ..

La SASS va changer de Statut et passé en Association "Non Profit" qui correspond un peu à Notre 1901, alors qu'avant c'était une Organisation Commerciale.

Le CC ne sera plus tiré sur papier, sauf si 5000 Personnes acceptent de payer le supplément de 25 $/An pour permettre de payer les couts qui en découlent.

Voila les deux nouvelles importantes

tchin2 

SASS LIFE #86324
WBAS-RO & Ambassador --- C.A.S. RO Instructor
BARTH
Bronco Buster
Bronco Buster
BARTH

Masculin Nombre de messages : 574

MessageSujet: Re: FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !   FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! Icon_minitime06.03.14 20:42

usa 2guns  NON, Attention, Wallace :

La "Wild Bunch" c'est l’équipe dirigeante de la SASS : Le Général, Tex, Misty ...

A ne pas confondre avec Le "Wild Bunch" , la Discipline.
Quand on lit La "Wild Bunch" dans le texte il s'agit, ici, de l'équipe dirigeante et, par analogisme de l'ensemble des membres de la SASS, nous, quoi.
http://tir.tolyon.free.fr
french bob
Bronco Buster
Bronco Buster
french bob

Masculin Nombre de messages : 824

MessageSujet: Re: FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !   FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! Icon_minitime07.03.14 9:39

Et pour ceux qui viennent de ce ré-abonner pour l'année ?  confused
Ranger Wallace
Bronco Buster
Bronco Buster
Ranger Wallace

Masculin Nombre de messages : 868

MessageSujet: Re: FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !   FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! Icon_minitime07.03.14 10:07

Ahh !! OK merci Barth pour ces éclaircissements.......
RW
Redneck Mike
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Redneck Mike

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2037

MessageSujet: Re: FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !   FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! Icon_minitime10.03.14 15:33

Ouais,
C'est une bonne leçon à retenir pour nous : par exemple 4 salariés au CAS France, il faut abandonner l'idée : c'est trop ! cheers 
Je ne savais pas que Founder Ranch était une organisation à part.
Espérons qu'ils arrivent à stabiliser leur situation... ce genre de communication ne présage rien de bon : pour leur finances et ... affraid 

Bye

Frenchie Boy
BIG BOSS
BIG BOSS
Frenchie Boy

Masculin Nombre de messages : 3192

MessageSujet: Re: FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !   FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! Icon_minitime10.03.14 16:20

Le problème n'est pas temps financier que successoral.

La Wild Bunch fondatrice est âgée. Ils ont tous plus de 80 Ans.
Les candidats aux rachats d'actions ne se sont pas bousculés on dirait.

Le meilleur moyen d'assurer la pérennité de la SASS dans ce cas est d'en faire une Fondation ( C'est très Américains. On a pas encore la mentalité en France ).

Cela "enlève" une partie du patrimoine des descendants directs, - Quoique  c'est pas sur - mais offre plein d'avantage, temps en terme financier que éthique, marketing, .....etc.

Bref c'est plutôt une très bonne chose et une indication que la SASS va pouvoir se développer et devenir une Association de Promotion du C.A.S. à part entière.

Ce qui n'empêche pas de gérer correctement les affaires, .... et de couper dans les dépenses inutiles et déficitaires.
Et l'avenir de la presse papier, ..... c'est plutôt  rip 

tchin2

SASS LIFE #86324
WBAS-RO & Ambassador --- C.A.S. RO Instructor
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !   FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier ! Icon_minitime

FIN Annoncée de la Diffusion du CC version Papier !
Page 1 sur 1