S.A.S.S France
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Rechercher

Résultats par :

Rechercher Recherche avancée
Qui est en ligne ?
Il y a en tout 3 utilisateurs en ligne :: 0 Enregistré, 0 Invisible et 3 Invités

Aucun

Le record du nombre d'utilisateurs en ligne est de 111 le 26.03.23 17:58
Derniers sujets
» Country Girls (Do It Better) - Erin Stoll
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime19.04.24 8:23 par will of the wolf farm

» Présentation Baron
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime11.04.24 19:40 par Baron

» Presentation Daniel 26
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime11.04.24 9:28 par Mike Donovan Blueberry

» BUSCADERO COLORADO by La SELLERIE
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime10.04.24 17:46 par La Sellerie

» Vends Chapeau US Cavalerie
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime09.04.24 16:38 par Daniel26

» Vends Gilet
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime09.04.24 16:37 par Daniel26

» Vends Vest Trappeur
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime09.04.24 16:35 par Daniel26

» Vends Vest Eclaireur
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime09.04.24 16:33 par Daniel26

» Vends Costume Yankee
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime09.04.24 16:29 par Daniel26

» Beyoncé - TEXAS HOLD 'EM
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime07.04.24 9:41 par Betty Blue Smett

»  Cold Beer & Country Music
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime05.04.24 18:17 par will of the wolf farm

» Chase the Storm
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime03.04.24 16:00 par will of the wolf farm

» HOLSTERS "WILD BUNCH" by La SELLERIE
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime29.03.24 16:01 par La Sellerie

» JUSQU'AU BOUT DU MONDE
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime28.03.24 19:49 par will of the wolf farm

» Presentation
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime26.03.24 18:09 par Frenchie Boy

» Liste des membres à jour de cotisation SASS FRANCE pour 2023
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime22.03.24 17:28 par billylekid

» William Michael Morgan - "In Walked You"
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime15.03.24 15:48 par will of the wolf farm

» Horizon: An American Saga
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime27.02.24 15:27 par Joel06

» War Hippies - No Friend of Mine
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime26.02.24 19:43 par Joel06

» Bonjours
Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime26.02.24 15:33 par Mikyreale

-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal
Le Deal du moment :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : ...
Voir le deal

Help for cowboy moving to France please!

2 participants
AuteurMessage
englishbob
kid
kid
englishbob

Masculin Nombre de messages : 4

Help for cowboy moving to France please! Empty
MessageSujet: Help for cowboy moving to France please!   Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime19.05.16 20:24

Hi everyone.

My name is Bob (English Bob to my SASS friends) and I am an Englishman currently living in Texas. Since moving to the US in 2012 I have acquired quite a few guns, and especially quite a few cowboy weapons. I shoot CAS at three different clubs 4 times a month. I also shoot more modern weapons at both IDPA and USPSA competitions.

In 3-4 months time I am moving back to France (I lived near Nimes for 10 years prior to 2012 and will be moving back to that area) and I would like to bring as many of my guns, ammunition and reloading equipment with me as possible and continue shooting in competitions.

I know the French are definitely more friendly than the UK as far as owning weapons is concerned, but my guess is this will still not be straightforward. Can anyone give me some advice please? Right now I do not even know where to start.

Thank you

English Bob
SASS number 99373
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Cattleman Joe
Bronco Buster
Bronco Buster
Cattleman Joe

Masculin Nombre de messages : 508

Help for cowboy moving to France please! Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Help for cowboy moving to France please!   Help for cowboy moving to France please! Icon_minitime10.06.16 16:13

Hi Bob,
As you're coming back to France, maybe is it time for you to switch back to french for your messages (maybe will you get more answers) Very Happy  ?

Anyway, i think that the wiser for your question is to ask directly french customs about procédures to follow for your weapons.

About small arms laws in France, We now have 4 categories :
- Cat. A : strictly forbiden for civilians (all full automatics weapons for example, but not only...).
- Cat B : Authorized owning (need for a government "clearance" to get those guns). Example : all handguns (such as SA revolvers except if it's blackpowder), and almost all semi-automatics rifles.
- Cat C : some hunting calibers, and nearly all bolt (and lever) action rifles, as far as their magazine contains less than 10 rounds (if my memory is correct). These weapons are "simply" declared to the government.
- Cat D : hunting rifles such as "double barrels" : registered weapons (the procedure is quite the same as the one used for C Cat....don't ask...this is administration...). It also includes collectibles (black powders...)

For all these categories, you need first of all (as a minimum requirement), to be a (proud) member of the French Shooting Federation (FFTir).
http://www.fftir.org/fr/accueil

For detailed procedure aiming to import in France your guns, i won't be able to help you : see french customs for more information. Feel free about asking them (they are really helpfull !). But maybe you'll need to remember your french first !

http://www.douane.gouv.fr/Portals/0/fichiers/particulier/achat/armes/importation-des-armes-et-munitions.pdf

Hope this will help you,
Help for cowboy moving to France please! 431899

Olivier
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://sassfrance.forumactif.org

Help for cowboy moving to France please!
Page 1 sur 1